- WCS develops and offers education and capacity building programs that seek to encourage the participation of school children, teachers, community members, and other stakeholder groups to enhance their awareness for conservation and sustainable development of key wildlife species and their habitats.
- WCS emphasizes strengthening the Yasuní Biosphere Reserve control and monitoring system by providing training to park guards in the areas of conservation, resource management, biological monitoring, GPS use and navigation, as well as conflict mitigation.
- WCS fosters positive attitudes towards the environment and teaches skills that enable people to analyze and make educated and informed decisions about how they interact with the environment, and, ultimately, to take effective actions to improve and maintain that environment.
- The Ministry of the Environment is implementing the Jaguars Forever curriculum in several protected areas where conflicts between people and jaguars have been increasing in recent years.
- WCS is key in communication and environmental education campaigns, both from the Ministry of the Environment, as well as from other institutions and organizations.
- The Yasuní National Park and the Ministry of Environment in Orellana continue with the communication campaign Yasuní Nuestro Hogar, a collaborative effort between WCS and the German Cooperation (GIZ).